Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynamic Windows 3.2 Released!
Dynamic Windows 3.2 has been officially released! Binaries are now available for OS/2, Win32 and Win64. Source is available to build on Unix (FreeBSD, Linux, Solaris and more) using GTK3, GTK4 or GTK2 and MacOS X 10.5 or higher using Cocoa. Beta sources are now available for iOS 13 or higher and Android 6 or higher.

Builds will be coming to the OS/2 Netlabs FTP server soon, but in the meantime, you can downlad from here:

Unix with GTK3, GTK4 or GTK2 and MacOS
Source tarball for Unix and MacOS

Windows Packages for Developers
Windows Vista and later 64bit
Windows Vista and later 32bit

OS/2 Packages for Developers
OS/2 Unicode

Dynamic Windows Interface Builder 1.0b4 Builds
Windows XP and later 32bit
OS/2, eComstation and Arca Noae
MacOS 10.14 through 12 Intel and Apple Silicon
MacOS 10.8 through 10.13 Intel 32 and 64bit
MacOS 10.5 through 10.7 PowerPC, Intel 32 and 64bit
MacOS 10.5 PowerPC 32 and 64bit

HandyFTP 1.0b5 Builds

Control Center 0.6 Builds

Build Recommendations:
MacOS:
11-12:
Code:
configure --with-arch=modern --with-minver=10.14
64bit Intel and Apple Silicon support with Dark Mode.
10.13-10.15:
Code:
configure --with-minver=10.8
64bit Intel with Notifications, Dark Mode for 10.14-15.
10.8-10.12:
Code:
configure --with-arch=intel --with-minver=10.8
64 and 32bit Intel with Notifications but no Dark Mode.
10.5-10.6:
Code:
configure --with-arch=classic --with-minver=10.5
32bit PowerPC, 64bit and 32bit Intel classic support. No Notifications, Dark Mode nor NSView container/trees.

Windows:
7-11:
Visual Studio 2017-2022, WebView2 and WinToast. Should run on Vista and later, supports domain sockets on Windows 10, oldsockpipe() on older versions.
XP: Visual Studio 2010. Old sockpipe() on all versions. Should run on XP and later, with Aero on Vista and 7. No Notifications nor WebView2 and old sockpipe() on all. 
2000: Visual Studio 2005. Remove -DAEROGLASS from CFLAGS. Should run on 2000 and later, no Aero, Notifications, WebView2 and old sockpipe() on all versions.

Changes from version 3.1:
Changed handling of button 3 press and release events. WARNING: This could be a breaking change for apps handling mouse button 3. Windows, Mac and GTK now pass button 3 as the mask (value 4) instead of the button number (value 3). OS/2 and the related motion event passed buttons as a mask. In these value 3 is buttons 1 and 2 together. Button press and release events are only for a single button... so this would never happen allowing value 3 for button 3. To allow the same code to work for button presses and motion events, I am standardizing on using the masks for both. If you use button 3 press/release, please audit code for 3.2.
Added initial support for GTK4. --with-gtk4 is now available. GTK4 support is less complete than GTK3, a number of features of the GTK3 version are no longer possible in GTK4 like: Taskbar icon support, MDI, gravity and non-callback drawing.
Added initial support for Wayland on GTK3 and GTK4. Wayland is not in my opinion ready for prime time, many features, possibly a half a dozen functions, dealing with coordinates, mouse pointer grabbing and such are unable to function. I recommend sticking with X11 for now, but built with GTK3 or GTK4 Dynamic Windows applications will run on Wayland now. GTK3 with Wayland also does not support non-callback drawing.
Added initial iOS support, kicking off a push for mobile. iOS requires 13.0 or later due use of SF Symbols and features introduced with iOS 13 and Mac Catalyst. Several widgets are currently unsupported: Tree, MDI and Taskbar. See mobile.txt Command line builds not supported, create an Xcode project.
Added initial Android support, Android Studio with Kotlin required. API 23 (Android 6) or later is required to run the apps. Like iOS several widgets are not supported: Tree, Taskbar, MDI. Command line builds not supported, create a JNI project.
Added DW_FEATURE_WINDOW_PLACEMENT to test to see if we can get or set the positions of the windows on the screen. Unavailable on the following: iOS, Android, GTK3 or GTK4 with Wayland.
Added DW_FEATURE_TREE to test to see if we can use the tree widget. The tree widget is unsupported on: iOS and Android.
Added DW_FEATURE_TASKBAR to test to see if we can use a taskbar icon. The only platform that supports this feature on all supported versions is Windows. OS/2 requires installed software, Mac requires Yosemite and later. GTK requires GTK2 or GTK3. iOS and Android are unsupported.
Added dw_render_redraw() function to trigger a DW_SIGNAL_EXPOSE event on render widgets allowing drawing to happen in the callback. GTK4 and GTK3 with Wayland require drawing to be done in the callback, necessitating a dw_render_redraw() or dw_flush() call. dw_flush() may cause multiple draw passes. iOS and Android also require drawing in the expose callback.
Added new function dw_window_compare() to check if two window handles reference the same object. Necessary in the Android port since handles passed to callbacks can be local references, so they don't always match the handles saved during window creation. This is a special case function which normally isn't required.
Added support for dw_window_set_font() with a NULL font parameter. This resets the font used on the widget to the default font.
Added a new constant DW_SIZE_AUTO to pass to box packing functions.
Added a new constant DW_DIR_SEPARATOR which is char that defines the path directory separator on the running platform.
Changed the entrypoint to be dwmain() instead of main(). This allows special handling of the entrypoint on systems requiring it such as: Windows, iOS and Android. As such Windows ports no longer require winmain.c.
Changed dw_timer_connnect() and dw_timer_disconnect() to use HTIMER. This allows newer ports to use object handles that won't fit in what had been an integer reference. OS/2 will use its native HTIMER and other existing platforms will continue to use "int" for compatibility. Other platforms may change in the future.
Changed dw_exec() with DW_EXEC_CON will now open the Terminal.app on Mac and the system (Gnome) terminal on Unix via GLib's G_APP_INFO_CREATE_NEEDS_TERMINAL instead of launching an xterm.
Fixed GTK warnings on GTK3 caused by using Pango style font syntax.
Fixed GTK3 leaks when setting fonts or colors on a widget repeatedly.
Fixed incorrect reporting of word wrap support on Windows.
Fixed a number of misbehaviors with dw_window_set_font() and dw_window_set_color() on various platforms.
Added missing DW_CLR_DEFAULT support on OS/2, it previously only worked to avoid setting a color, not resetting them to default.
Added oldsockpipe() macro which will be used as a fallback. This allows us to use domain socket sockpipe() when available... and fall back to the old version when not, letting us have Windows 10 domain socket builds that work on earlier versions.
Fixed building and several issues related to MacOS 10.5 now that I have a PowerMac G5 running 10.5.8 to test on.
Fixed a bug in dw_listbox_set_text() on GTK3.
Fixed sockpipe() functionality with gcc on OS/2.
Ongoing work to have a more consistent code style across platforms. See the accompanying style.txt file for more information.

Dynamic Windows Documentation is available at:

Dynamic Windows Help Index
Some post announcement notes:

Windows: Vista and later builds made using Visual Studio 2022. XP builds with Visual Studio 2010.
I decided to not make an XP developer package, if anyone needs or wants it I'll make one and post it to the site.

OS/2: Builds are now made with GCC 9.2 instead of VisualAge 3.6.
This allows for enhanced performance and stability since we can use the libc safe string functions, and newer optimizations included in GCC.
I also decided to not package the non-Unicode version of the library, since all my development is now UTF-8 Unicode, if anyone needs that package let me know and I'll make one and post it to the site.

Mac: Modern builds were done on a MacBook Air with Apple Silicon.
This time I included a PowerPC specific build for people that have PowerMac G5s running 10.5, you can try out 64bit GUI applications. I had never seen one before, and even now the only 64bit GUI apps I've seen are the ones I built. All the Apple apps are still 32bit PowerPC.

I may post iOS and Android packages, but I currently don't have an active personal developer account on any of the platforms, so they won't be signed like any of the builds at this point. Meaning they will only be runnable on jailbroken iPhones or iPads and Android devices with developer mode enabled.

If someone wants to donate to my Patreon, the first thing I'll do is get a personal or DBSoft account for Apple and then Microsoft and will build signed versions of all these apps (and White Star as well).