Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Star 29.2.0
unfortunately "some might" doesn't cut it. one of the main reasons why i use PM/WS are the addons. some are not available for the newer mozilla browsers and some are much worse than their "classic" predecessor.
if PM kills the possibility to use classic addons i have to switch to waterfox.
Not unfair once you put it that way.
By the way, speaking of the link URL preview missing bug, another thing that is ALSO happening, and has been happening concurrently, is not being able to read the YouTube video chapter titles. You know, when users put timestamps in the description. No chapter titles are visible when you hover over. This may be the same bug, and it may be exclusive to Mojave.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I could potentially put the dual system back in... not sure if there really is a reason for them removing it... but I basically have just been following PM directly except for any commits removing MacOS stuff.
(05-25-2021, 07:47 PM)dbsoft Wrote: I could potentially put the dual system back in... not sure if there really is a reason for them removing it... but I basically have just been following PM directly except for any commits removing MacOS stuff.

Could potentially clash when they eventually change the addon system:

"Longer-term we plan to fully deprecate and remove support for the traditional RDF install manifest in favor of a more optimal content description method."

Do you think you could possibly fix the gradient pixelation issue, it can be seen clearly for example on this page: https://noob.software/noob_cloud/#index/users_info

The css of the background has background-size:200% or some other value larger then 100% so the gradient pixelates for some reason, it does not happen on Pale Moon windows or Basilisk. But does happen in White Star and Silver.
(05-25-2021, 09:32 PM)noobsoftware Wrote: Do you think you could possibly fix the gradient pixelation issue, it can be seen clearly for example on this page: https://noob.software/noob_cloud/#index/users_info

The css of the background has background-size:200% or some other value larger then 100% so the gradient pixelates for some reason, it does not happen on Pale Moon windows or Basilisk. But does happen in White Star and Silver.

Odd, I kind of uninstalled Pale Moon on all platforms besides MacOS... but I tested Mypal on XP and it was pixelated there too... and I tried a few old versions (29.1.*) of Pale Moon that I built... they are all pixelated... did this ever work properly on MacOS?
(05-25-2021, 03:44 PM)KlarkKentThe3rd Wrote: By the way, speaking of the link URL preview missing bug, another thing that is ALSO happening, and has been happening concurrently, is not being able to read the YouTube video chapter titles. You know, when users put timestamps in the description. No chapter titles are visible when you hover over. This may be the same bug, and it may be exclusive to Mojave.

Can you post a link to a video that has that on it? I have been trying to find one and looked at like a dozen videos and none have those... I know I've seen them before... but can't remember where.
False alarm, the video chapter titles bug seems to be come-and-go, it's gone now, on the same video. The only thing you should be worried about is the URL preview no longer being visible on the bottom of pages. Which, as far as I know, may be a part of PM's code, causing incompatibility with Mojave.
(05-25-2021, 11:19 PM)dbsoft Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 09:32 PM)noobsoftware Wrote: Do you think you could possibly fix the gradient pixelation issue, it can be seen clearly for example on this page: https://noob.software/noob_cloud/#index/users_info

Odd, I kind of uninstalled Pale Moon on all platforms besides MacOS... but I tested Mypal on XP and it was pixelated there too... and I tried a few old versions (29.1.*) of Pale Moon that I built... they are all pixelated... did this ever work properly on MacOS?

Probably never worked properly on macOS. I was thinking since it has something to do with the background-size css property it might just be as simple as a rendering option of some sorts. I personally have no clue how to go about fixing this so i was hoping you did.
(05-26-2021, 08:34 AM)noobsoftware Wrote: Probably never worked properly on macOS. I was thinking since it has something to do with the background-size css property it might just be as simple as a rendering option of some sorts. I personally have no clue how to go about fixing this so i was hoping you did.

Well not off the top of my head, but I'll take a look at it when I get some time... kind of busy until after Memorial day though.