Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Star 31.0.0
(05-12-2022, 05:03 PM)Goodydino Wrote:
(05-12-2022, 01:32 PM)noobsoftware Wrote: One thing springs to mind, if this is all correct what I'm saying and it's impossible to continue building Silver, If White Star is interested in adopting the icon i have for Silver as it kind of looks like a white star, in lieu of the low res icon DB Soft has been using. If DB Soft is interested and people would like that i would find that very cool. Maybe people could chime in on what they think about the icon idea.

The current icon for White Star is a white star, i.e. a celestial object.  I like it.  It may look blurred to you, but stars do look kind of blurred.  I think the current icon should be kept.

Valid point, i can just change the icon using the get info option in the finder. Since I'm used to this icon for my browser.
(05-12-2022, 11:52 AM)noobsoftware Wrote: Just wondering which SDK are you using in the Monterey build?

I've tried 10.11 and 10.12 and i get this error:

I'm building with RTC disabled, I am wondering also if there are possibly any other build options i should consider?

I use SDK 10.11 for my legacy builds and 10.12 for the modern (Monterey) builds.

The UXP for 31 removed Telemetry and some other things which may cause build issues...

https://repo.palemoon.org/andkrau/Basili...nch/master

Here is someone making patches to keep Basilisk building with the latest UXP for reference.

Edit: I can't give more detailed information since the error you pasted is missing the critical information, like the error itself and the line number, that is just listing the command that failed. Look further up in the log for the actual error, file and line number.

Brian
(05-11-2022, 10:28 PM)Goodydino Wrote: I have an iMac with an i7 Intel CPU and am using the latest version of MacOS Monterey.  The left button on my trackball did not do anything in the Monterey-compiled version of White Star 31.  The other buttons worked as expected.  I was using YouTube, CloudTube and this forum.  The legacy build of WS 31 is fine.
I am using the Noia Moon theme.

Ok that might be tricky to track down with so many extensions. Can you create a clean profile and switch to it and test it and see if you experience the same problems like that with the modern version?  You can then switch back to the legacy build and the original profile afterward.

That would really help me to know if it is is an extension causing it or if it is a problem specific to that system/environment.

Thanks
Brian
(05-12-2022, 08:57 PM)dbsoft Wrote: Here is someone making patches to keep Basilisk building with the latest UXP for reference.

Edit: I can't give more detailed information since the error you pasted is missing the critical information, like the error itself and the line number, that is just listing the command that failed.  Look further up in the log for the actual error, file and line number.

Brian

I will perhaps try to build again and then i can send more detailed information, would be nice to be able to use this Basilisk repo but with my theme and branding. In the meantime i'll just use white star. The only noticeable difference between white star and silver/basilisk seem to be that some javascript animations run more smoothly on Silver/basilisk. It's barely noticeable but if anyone knows what might cause the difference it would be really nice to get that fixed. It's specifically noticeable in one of my extensions called "silver" when i press the rss feed reader and a black overlay goes over the screen, the animation seems slightly laggy in White Star but runs completely smooth in Silver. Since they both use UXP and i'm not familiar with what code actually goes in the front-end of these browsers but some difference causes laggy-ness. And it's really the only reason I've been maintaining Silver since White Star has more themes and more extensions available. As a web developer this slight difference in smoothness of animations can be a "deal-breaker" for the lack of a better word for using a browser for web development. So it would be nice if anyone could look into what the issue is with that.
(05-12-2022, 09:08 PM)dbsoft Wrote:
(05-11-2022, 10:28 PM)Goodydino Wrote: I have an iMac with an i7 Intel CPU and am using the latest version of MacOS Monterey.  The left button on my trackball did not do anything in the Monterey-compiled version of White Star 31.  The other buttons worked as expected.  I was using YouTube, CloudTube and this forum.  The legacy build of WS 31 is fine.
I am using the Noia Moon theme.

Ok that might be tricky to track down with so many extensions. Can you create a clean profile and switch to it and test it and see if you experience the same problems like that with the modern version?  You can then switch back to the legacy build and the original profile afterward.

That would really help me to know if it is is an extension causing it or if it is a problem specific to that system/environment.

Thanks
Brian
I just tried the Monterey version again, first with a clean profile and then with the original profile restored.  Both situations worked this time.  I have no idea what happened the first time I tried it.  All my extensions are still enabled and I am still using the same theme.
(05-13-2022, 02:28 PM)noobsoftware Wrote: I will perhaps try to build again and then i can send more detailed information, would be nice to be able to use this Basilisk repo but with my theme and branding. In the meantime i'll just use white star. The only noticeable difference between white star and silver/basilisk seem to be that some javascript animations run more smoothly on Silver/basilisk. It's barely noticeable but if anyone knows what might cause the difference it would be really nice to get that fixed. It's specifically noticeable in one of my extensions called "silver" when i press the rss feed reader and a black overlay goes over the screen, the animation seems slightly laggy in White Star but runs completely smooth in Silver. Since they both use UXP and i'm not familiar with what code actually goes in the front-end of these browsers but some difference causes laggy-ness. And it's really the only reason I've been maintaining Silver since White Star has more themes and more extensions available. As a web developer this slight difference in smoothness of animations can be a "deal-breaker" for the lack of a better word for using a browser for web development. So it would be nice if anyone could look into what the issue is with that.

Would this commit need to be reverted to have Basilisk build correctly on macOS? https://repo.palemoon.org/andkrau/Basili...11f17b525f

Otherwise, I think it'd build. Might as well disable webrtc and eme though. Let me know how it goes!
(05-13-2022, 05:17 PM)Goodydino Wrote: I just tried the Monterey version again, first with a clean profile and then with the original profile restored.  Both situations worked this time.  I have no idea what happened the first time I tried it.  All my extensions are still enabled and I am still using the same theme.

Very strange! I am glad it is working though!
(05-13-2022, 05:39 PM)andkrau Wrote: Would this commit need to be reverted to have Basilisk build correctly on macOS? https://repo.palemoon.org/andkrau/Basili...11f17b525f

Otherwise, I think it'd build. Might as well disable webrtc and eme though. Let me know how it goes!

If I make some changes to get it building on Mac, would you accept those changes into your repo?

Would be awesome to have a repo that builds everywhere!
(05-13-2022, 06:15 PM)dbsoft Wrote: If I make some changes to get it building on Mac, would you accept those changes into your repo?

Would be awesome to have a repo that builds everywhere!

Absolutely!
I just discovered the reason for the left-click not registering.  It does not work right after a warm restart.  I have to close the browser and then open it again for the left click to work.