Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Star going forward...
I am going to be out of town for a few day and when I get back I'll be working on getting the next version of White Star ready, since Pale Moon should be releasing on this coming Tuesday.   But I wanted to put this idea out there after a private conversation with someone...

The original plan was to keep White Star completely aligned with Pale Moon, just continuing the Mac releases I had been doing.  However since the Pale Moon team by ripping the Mac code out of the source base immediately has forced me to fork the code base... therefore since I have to do tons of work with each release picking and choosing what commits to include which to skip... I have no reason to follow the Pale Moon teams choices completely.

With that in mind, White Star is for the former Pale Moon Mac users, what would be best for you all...

Are there any ways you want White Star to diverge from Pale Moon?

Things that have been discussed were putting the old Dual System back in allowing unmodified Firefox extensions... enabling some experimental options that Pale Moon has disabled by default. 

Please post your ideas here... and why you want/need them.  If you don't want something that someone else has suggested... please let me know and why you don't want it. 

If a consensus can't be reached I might release two versions... one that follows Pale Moon as closely as possible and an experimental version with these other options included.   

Not sure if I will be able to incorporate the changes for the Tuesday release or not, but if there is a set of changes people want I might release an update later in the month with the changes.

Brian

Messages In This Thread
White Star going forward... - by dbsoft - 06-02-2021, 08:59 PM
RE: White Star going forward... - by Goodydino - 06-03-2021, 09:43 PM
RE: White Star going forward... - by dbsoft - 06-04-2021, 02:46 PM
RE: White Star going forward... - by noobsoftware - 06-08-2021, 09:34 PM
RE: White Star going forward... - by realmdee - 06-13-2021, 10:58 PM
RE: White Star going forward... - by Goodydino - 06-14-2021, 05:18 PM
RE: White Star going forward... - by dbsoft - 06-14-2021, 06:37 PM
RE: White Star going forward... - by noobsoftware - 06-14-2021, 11:07 PM
RE: White Star going forward... - by dbsoft - 06-14-2021, 11:18 PM
RE: White Star going forward... - by noobsoftware - 06-15-2021, 01:12 AM