Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
White Star 29.1.1
White Star is working fine with MacOS Sierra. I was disappointed with the people at the Pale Moon forum for locking the Mac group.
(04-21-2021, 01:09 PM)noobsoftware Wrote: I get what you're saying, i really only need it because of WebRTC, otherwise i just use White Star. If you could share a link to your version of the UXP platform, as a github repo or something else, then i can i build an up-to-date Basilisk/Serpent, and i would gladly release it. (I found the link to the source code i'll just use that in the mean time)

Well through 29.1.1 it is just the Pale Moon/UXP source, future versions will be on my github... I'll link it when there is a forked version on there.
(04-21-2021, 04:39 PM)Goodydino Wrote: White Star is working fine with MacOS Sierra.  I was disappointed with the people at the Pale Moon forum for locking the Mac group.

Yeah, I feel that was very uncool of them.... and not giving me a few months before starting to rip Mac stuff out of the code.
Good Work @dbsoft; this project seems to have a good future!!!!
Hello! I just came over after digging around on the Pale Moon Gitea and forum and reading about what happened. I'll echo what twotankamin and Goodydino said: I'm disappointed. Thank you dbsoft for putting in so much effort with the Pale Moon builds and keeping it up in spite of the negativity and hate over there. It's nice to see familiar names (I changed mine though; I'm SpockFan02). I worry I may have contributed some amount to Tobin and Moonchild's frustration with Mac users/contributors, as I made builds for a while, made some small contributions, and pushed a little for an official Mac release, without having the ability to properly contribute or debug, and then I focused on other things and disappeared, like BitVapor, like wicknix, etc. I am not a programmer. I just like XUL add-ons and don't want to use Chrome, and I liked the Pale Moon community. So, hi, and thank you.
29.2.0 was released today, the Pale Moon team tends to do updates on Tuesdays.  Tuesday is a very busy day for me and releases going forward will require more effort from me due to the removal of the Mac code from the base... my plan for normal releases is to have a White Star release by the Friday after the Tuesday releases. So look for 29.2.0 to be posted by Friday. 

Thanks everyone!
Will do
(04-26-2021, 11:52 AM)blackberryrose Wrote: Hello! I just came over after digging around on the Pale Moon Gitea and forum and reading about what happened. I'll echo what twotankamin and Goodydino said: I'm disappointed. Thank you dbsoft for putting in so much effort with the Pale Moon builds and keeping it up in spite of the negativity and hate over there. It's nice to see familiar names (I changed mine though; I'm SpockFan02). I worry I may have contributed some amount to Tobin and Moonchild's frustration with Mac users/contributors, as I made builds for a while, made some small contributions, and pushed a little for an official Mac release, without having the ability to properly contribute or debug, and then I focused on other things and disappeared, like BitVapor, like wicknix, etc. I am not a programmer. I just like XUL add-ons and don't want to use Chrome, and I liked the Pale Moon community. So, hi, and thank you.

Nice to have you here! Tobin's frustration... or hatred perhaps of Mac and Mac users is completely irrational. But, I am not going to try to understand him...

Sorry for the slow reply, had a full day of work and I filled that in with working on the White Star 29.2.0 release... now I finally have a free moment...and look at that it is 3:45am Big Grin

Brian
(04-13-2021, 07:52 AM)realmdee Wrote: Working great on my mid 2009 MacBook Pro running OS X 10.9.5.

I'm glad to hear that your mid-2009 MacBook Pro is working well with OS X 10.9.5. The mid-2009 MacBook Pro was a popular model in its time and many users still use it today due to its durability and performance. If you need help with anything or have any questions, feel free to ask!
(02-14-2023, 09:54 AM)Sophia78 Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 07:52 AM)realmdee Wrote: Working great on my mid 2009 MacBook Pro running OS X 10.9.5. Aero

I'm glad to hear that your mid-2009 MacBook Pro is working well with OS X 10.9.5. The mid-2009 MacBook Pro was a popular model in its time and many users still use it today due to its durability and performance. If you need help with anything or have any questions, feel free to ask!

Who needs a new MacBook when you have a trusty old companion that's been with you through thick and thin? Just don't forget to give it a pat on the back and a nice warm blanket at night. Big Grin Big Grin