Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Star 31.1.0
(06-08-2022, 02:16 PM)SkyPilot Wrote: This is what popped out when run from the Terminal:

Strange, wonder if it is something to do with an addon you have installed...  if it is an M1 Mac try the native ARM64 build I just made ... if it is still a blank window try it in safe mode by starting it with the command line:

Code:
/Applications/White\ Star.app/Contents/MacOS/whitestar -safe-mode
Call for testing.... Apple Silicon (ARM64)

Not sure if this fell through the cracks with all the other posts, but please can some people try out the Apple Silicon (ARM64) build and let me know if it works or if you have any problems?  The current build is working flawlessly for me, but I only have one machine I can test on.  If I don't hear of any problems I will make a pull request to get the latest changes into the Pale Moon UXP.  Intel builds I can test on multiple machines and feel fairly confident with, but not Apple Silicon.
(06-15-2022, 08:55 PM)dbsoft Wrote:
(06-15-2022, 08:47 PM)Goodydino Wrote: Does anyone know why unarchiving palemoon.res (using the Mac terminal) would now have to be done from an admin account and not a standard account with MacOS Monterey?  Up until and including Sierra, I could unarchive omni.ja for SeaMonkey and Thunderbird from my standard account, but no more.

Perhaps there are new restrictions based on the file location? Is it located in /Applications?  If you have it in ~/Applications (User Applications as opposed to System) is it also a problem?

What I do is copy palemoon.res or omni.ja from the application package and paste it on the desktop, then unarchive it from there.  The applications are stored in my standard account and run from there.  I do not see why an admin is necessary.  The sudo prefix is not needed for unzip.
(06-16-2022, 08:25 PM)Goodydino Wrote: What I do is copy palemoon.res or omni.ja from the application package and paste it on the desktop, then unarchive it from there.  The applications are stored in my standard account and run from there.  I do not see why an admin is necessary.  The sudo prefix is not needed for unzip.

Yeah, that doesn't seem like it should require elevated privileges... not sure.

Only thing I can think is that there are ownership or permissions saved in the archive that the user account can't create.
Ok, well I've seen a number of downloads of the Apple Silicon build, but no reports on if it worked or not... if you have an Apple Silicon Mac, please try it out and let me know if it works. I want to have some results before the end of the weekend.
(06-17-2022, 09:24 AM)dbsoft Wrote: Ok, well I've seen a number of downloads of the Apple Silicon build, but no reports on if it worked or not... if you have an Apple Silicon Mac, please try it out and let me know if it works. I want to have some results before the end of the weekend.
Working fine here on 8GB M1 Mac Mini with Monterey. Same addons as the failed White Star on Ventura.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(06-17-2022, 05:54 PM)SkyPilot Wrote: Working fine here on 8GB M1 Mac Mini with Monterey. Same addons as the failed White Star on Ventura.

Awesome thank you!

That Ventura didn't happen to be an M1 too? If so does the Apple Silicon (ARM64) build have the same blank window problem as the Intel version?
No worries Smile . Ventura is running on an i7 iMac so not applicable. I'm leaning toward the theory that Metal3 is where the problem is at.
(06-17-2022, 06:44 PM)SkyPilot Wrote: No worries Smile . Ventura is running on an i7 iMac so not applicable. I'm leaning toward the theory that Metal3 is where the problem is at.

Alright thanks! Hope it isn't something Intel specific, since I might not be able to test on Intel for a bit since none of my Intel Macs seem capable of running Ventura currently, unless they change the system requirements before release.