Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donations...
I had hoped to get some donations for all my work, but that does not seem to have come through...

I might be able to limp along with my existing hardware, but with MacOS 13 coming, I decided it is the time to ask for some help.

The M1 Mac I am using to get the Apple Silicon ARM support working is not technically my Mac, it is a family member's that I am able to use when I need.  Since on that Mac it only takes like 15 minutes to do a White Star build, it isn't really a problem for me to do builds there once a month... or even multiple times if necessary.

Intel-wise though, my newest Mac is a 2017 MacBook Air.  It is not in the list of supported Macs for MacOS 13 Ventura.  If anyone has an older Intel Mac that is still supported by MacOS 13 I'd love to get some donations like that to continue my development efforts.

I probably will be able to get MacOS 13 running on that MacBook Air... or even my older 2013 MacBook Pro using OpenCore like I am doing with Monterey. I do my builds now on the 2013 MacBook Pro, since the 2017 MacBook Air is low on processing power, memory and storage.... but for previous release cycles I could install the latest MacOS on it without hacking the machine.

If you have any hardware that can run MacOS 13 Ventura and wouldn't mind donating it to me that would be really helpful.

Thanks everyone!
Brian
An update after looking at the OpenCore patcher discord. It looks like getting patchers for Ventura is going to be a real problem. They are estimating 6 months before they have patchers.... so it looks like unless I get an Intel hardware donation, I'll only be able to test Ventura on Apple Silicon.