Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
White Star 31.3.0
(10-26-2022, 05:10 PM)dbsoft Wrote:
(10-26-2022, 09:00 AM)willihelm Wrote: Hey, is there a way to get the Remote XUL Manager add-on working on this new release for Ventura?

If I try to install the add-on I get this message: "Remote XUL Manager could not be installed because it is not compatible with White Star 31.3.0.1."

Interesting, it is able to install on Windows but not MacOS... will check this out and see if I can get a fix in for Tuesday's release.

Thanks for the report!

Update: So I built the Ventura build with the UXP "master" branch which included changes to the dual GUID system, which necessitated changes to the front end to enable dual GUID (Firefox compatibility) which I hadn't implemented yet.  That has now been implemented in the White Star "master" branch... however Tuesday's release will be built with the White Star "Release_31.3" branch and UXP "release" branches.  Both ways should now enable dual GUID (Firefox compatibility) and support Ventura since Moonchild uplifted the Ventura changes.  Thanks Moonchild!!

Nice! Thank you for your work!
What do you mean by Firefox compatibility in the GUID? If it puts the Firefox appearance into the browser, why would we want that? The reason I switched from Firefox was because I disliked the interface (and the telemetry and the advertising).
(10-27-2022, 05:00 PM)Goodydino Wrote: What do you mean by Firefox compatibility in the GUID?  If it puts the Firefox appearance into the browser, why would we want that?  The reason I switched from Firefox was because I disliked the interface (and the telemetry and the advertising).

It means it reports itself as being Firefox to add-ons in addition to Pale Moon.
(10-28-2022, 12:12 AM)dbsoft Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 05:00 PM)Goodydino Wrote: What do you mean by Firefox compatibility in the GUID?  If it puts the Firefox appearance into the browser, why would we want that?  The reason I switched from Firefox was because I disliked the interface (and the telemetry and the advertising).

It means it reports itself as being Firefox to add-ons in addition to Pale Moon.

That is in the user-agent.  Why not just say that?
(10-28-2022, 06:08 PM)Goodydino Wrote: That is in the user-agent.  Why not just say that?

GUID is a "Global Unique Identifier" ... Firefox has one, Pale Moon has one... and Add-ons check that GUID to determine if they are compatible.

Pale Moon when in Dual GUID mode provides both, so add-ons designed for both Pale Moon and Firefox are accepted.

It is nothing to do with the user agent.