Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Codesigning
I'm attempting to codesign the latest webrtc build of Silver and i get this error message from all of the dylibs:

{
      "severity": "error",
      "code": null,
      "path": "Silver_submit.zip/Silver.app/Contents/MacOS/libfreebl3.dylib",
      "message": "The binary uses an SDK older than the 10.9 SDK.",
      "docUrl": null,
      "architecture": "x86_64"
},

Its pretty confusing since we've been using a more recent SDK, I'm wondering if you have any idea what could cause this error?

----
To Reproduce and for future reference:

I loosely followed this tutorial: https://www.rocketride.io/blog/macos-cod...ectron-app

Necessary to run this command: notarytool store-credentials, then:

xattr -cr Silver.app

codesign -s "Name of developer identity" -o runtime --timestamp --strict --deep Silver.app --entitlements entitlements.plist

then i codesigned all of the sub binaries contained within the app not sure if that is the correct approach.

xcrun notarytool submit Silver_submit.zip --keychain-profile "name of keychain profile" --wait

to see errors:

xcrun notarytool log id_of_submit --keychain-profile "name of keychain profile
(10-06-2022, 02:17 PM)noobsoftware Wrote: I'm attempting to codesign the latest webrtc build of Silver and i get this error message from all of the dylibs:

Honestly I have not yet looked into code signing it since I am using the free developer account.

I was planning on delving into it if I got donations to cover the cost... I did some code signing with one of my previous jobs but they used the standard development system and just let Xcode itself do the code signing magic for us.