Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WhiteStar 31.3.1 Not Working on Strava.com
FYI -- I am unable to properly display the strava.com website using WhiteStar 31.3.1 with NO extensions for the Mac.
The middle of the screen where the activity feed is normally displayed is just blank.

I also tried displaying the Strava.com website after installing the Polyfill Add-on.  Made no difference.

I have the same problem with Interweb v60.9.9 browser and the old Pale Moon browser for the Mac.

Strava.com works properly with Chromium Legacy.  That appears to be the only viable option ay this time for me to access strava.com on my old Mac.
(11-14-2022, 01:17 AM)RobK88 Wrote: FYI -- I am unable to properly display the strava.com website using WhiteStar 31.3.1 with NO extensions for the Mac.
The middle of the screen where the activity feed is normally displayed is just blank.

I also tried displaying the Strava.com website after installing the Polyfill Add-on.  Made no difference.

I have the same problem with Interweb v60.9.9 browser and the old Pale Moon browser for the Mac.

Strava.com works properly with Chromium Legacy.  That appears to be the only viable option ay this time for me to access strava.com on my old Mac.

This site uses "import" which is not yet implemented in White Star/Pale Moon. Chromium Legacy apparently supports it.

Seamonkey and Waterfox Classic both support it... we seem to be lagging a bit behind in this support.

This is the issue regarding supporting "import"

https://repo.palemoon.org/MoonchildProdu...ssues/1691
(11-14-2022, 09:21 AM)dbsoft Wrote:
(11-14-2022, 01:17 AM)RobK88 Wrote: FYI -- I am unable to properly display the strava.com website using WhiteStar 31.3.1 with NO extensions for the Mac.

This site uses "import" which is not yet implemented in White Star/Pale Moon. Chromium Legacy apparently supports it.

Seamonkey and Waterfox Classic both support it... we seem to be lagging a bit behind in this support.

This is the issue regarding supporting "import"

https://repo.palemoon.org/MoonchildProdu...ssues/1691

Thanks for the info.  I hope the Palemoon developers adds this "import" capability soon.  Then should be easy for you to add it to WhiteStar.

By the way, I also tried ArcticFox.  It could not properly display Strava.com either.   I will try Waterfox.  I prefer Firefox based browsers over Chromium based browsers.
I got a login page when I tried strava.com. I am not a member, so I cannot log in.
(11-17-2022, 08:59 PM)Goodydino Wrote: I got a login page when I tried strava.com.  I am not a member, so I cannot log in.

Oh! Looks like they updated their site for White Star/Pale Moon or at least removed their usage of import(). 

Last time I tried I got a mostly blank page with the import() error on the console.
(11-17-2022, 08:59 PM)Goodydino Wrote: I got a login page when I tried strava.com.  I am not a member, so I cannot log in.

You do not need to be a paid member to use Strava.com  You can create a free account.  Most people who use Strava.com have free accounts.

After you log in and add some manual activities or follow some professional or amateur athletes, you will notice the the middle of the screen where the activity feed is displayed is blank.  You see nothing.
Parts of the Strava.com website display properly in Whitestar but the most important part, the activity feed, does not.

It looks like the only alternative Firefox based browser that works on old Macs at this time on the Strava.com website is Waterfox Classic.
I see that DBSoft is a frequent contributor to Waterfox. I hope one day he is able to add the missing functionality from Waterfox to WhiteStar. But I suspect that it is a lot harder than it looks.
During the past 2 years, the developers of Palemoon is still trying to figure out how to easily add the "dynamic module import" functionality to Palemoon.
(12-03-2022, 04:04 PM)RobK88 Wrote: I see that DBSoft is a frequent contributor to Waterfox.  I hope one day he is able to add the missing functionality from Waterfox to WhiteStar.  But I suspect that it is a lot harder than it looks. 
During the past 2 years, the developers of Palemoon is still trying to figure out how to easily add the "dynamic module import" functionality to Palemoon.

I believe Seamonkey might work too, but they have increased they system requirements...I looked into the necessary changes, but they are complicated...It is on my TODO list but, I won't have time to work on it until next year.
(12-04-2022, 02:58 AM)dbsoft Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 04:04 PM)RobK88 Wrote: I see that DBSoft is a frequent contributor to Waterfox.  I hope one day he is able to add the missing functionality from Waterfox to WhiteStar.  But I suspect that it is a lot harder than it looks. 

I believe Seamonkey might work too, but they have increased they system requirements...I looked into the necessary changes, but they are complicated...It is on my TODO list but, I won't have time to work on it until next year.

Yes, you are right.  Seamonkey has increased its systems requirements.  You now need to be running Mac OSX 10.9 or greater.  Pity.  But completely understandable.

I do hope you find some time to add the "dynamic module import" functionality to WhiteStar.  I agree it will not be easy.  If Palemoon manages to add it first, it should make your job a lot easier.