Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pale Moon 32.2.0
Pale Moon Downloads
Release Notes

This is a major step forward for compatibility.  If you have had troubles with any sites, now is the time to try them again.  Somewhere between 80 and 90% of the problematic web sites were fixed or at least made usable in the last 3 months.
Well, this is the first time in a while, where it does NOT just werk.

The new build failed to launch, crashing every time. Then, after I removed and re-added the launch icon/shortcut, I got the "Apple cannot check if this app is save so you cannot use it tough luck" message. Had to jump through hoops, downgrade, and even THEN I got the "unidentified developer, are you REALLY sure?" message. Was forced to use PM in "safe mode" to recover my old session.

Something is seriously wrong this time, look into this. If it helps, I still use latest Catalina OS (old Mac).
(05-16-2023, 10:27 PM)KlarkKentThe3rd Wrote: The new build failed to launch, crashing every time. Then, after I removed and re-added the launch icon/shortcut, I got the "Apple cannot check if this app is save so you cannot use it tough luck" message. Had to jump through hoops, downgrade, and even THEN I got the "unidentified developer, are you REALLY sure?" message. Was forced to use PM in "safe mode" to recover my old session.

Strange I downloaded from the Pale Moon site and tried on several computers running 10.7, 10.11, and 13... While I get the "Apple cannot check this app for malware" and have to "Open Anyway" in the security dialog on newer versions, it worked without problem on all of the computers.

If you can mount the DMG and open a Terminal.app and run this command in the window:

Code:
codesign -dv --verbose=4 /Volumes/Pale\ Moon/Pale\ Moon.app

and tell me what it says?

Also if it is really crashing, can you post or send me private your crash report?
ARM version working fine on an M1 Mini with Ventura. Will try the Intel variety at the weekend when I have some time Smile
Not sure if you noticed the post on the Pale Moon forums, but can you try this one instead and tell me if it works?

https://dbsoft.org/palemoon/palemoon-32.2.0.intel64.dmg
Since the last two versions of Pale Moon, the sanitize window sometimes opens transparent. I would like to know why this happens (only to one child window), and why it happens only sometimes. I found that I could remedy it by making something in a listcell in a listbox change when I hover on it. Sweep the cursor over the listcells to make them change and the window will become opaque. How does that work?
I have seen the same thing happen with SeaMonkey. It uses a series of checkboxes rather than a listbox, but the remedy is the same.
(05-21-2023, 07:20 PM)Goodydino Wrote: Since the last two versions of Pale Moon, the sanitize window sometimes opens transparent.

Well, to start... not sure what a "sanitize window" is?  However I still have a workaround for the Ventura transparent window bug in the code, which at some point I need to look into more deeply and hopefully remove... which what you are saying sounds like it could be related to?
I am still using Monterey, not Ventura. The sanitize window clears whatever private data you choose to remove. It is the only child window that sometimes opens transparent.
Guess I am struggling to figure out what you are talking about... how do you open the Sanitize window?
(05-26-2023, 09:38 PM)dbsoft Wrote: Guess I am struggling to figure out what you are talking about... how do you open the Sanitize window?

From the menu bar, open History > Clear Recent History.