Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Star Platform
So I have gotten a request from the Pale Moon team to rename the White Star platform to something besides UXP to avoid confusion.

So I never really planned for these forks, and I was thinking I would just be doing builds of White Star... UXP would be in the source distribution and that was that.  But apparently having White Star and the platform (UXP) separate on GitHub makes them worry there will be confusion.... and with the Silver builds of Basilisk that noobsoftware has done it makes me ponder on the new name I should pick for the platform.

The most simple idea is just to call it "White Star Platform" but if noobsoftware or I continue to make Silver builds that might be a bit of a misnomer.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the new name for the platform (UXP)? 

If I don't get a better suggestion by next week I'll just go with "White Star Platform" (WSP) or "DBSoft Platform" (DBSP)

Thanks!

Brian
Why not just UEP? It would stand for the same thing.
(06-20-2021, 07:43 PM)Goodydino Wrote: Why not just UEP?  It would stand for the same thing.

Sorry not sure what the E stands for... UXP is Unified XUL Platform.
Oh. I got the wrong expansion of the abbreviation.
10.7up Platform perhaps?

or UX.7uP if we smash it together with UXP
(06-23-2021, 06:51 AM)darksidekevin Wrote: 10.7up Platform perhaps?

or UX.7uP if we smash it together with UXP

Only problem with this is if we for some reason have to change the requirements in the future, the name will be inaccurate. Wink
How about FKTP, or F*** Kyle T*** Platform?

But more seriously, MXP - Mac Xul Platform ?
(06-24-2021, 02:45 AM)smilr Wrote: But more seriously, MXP - Mac Xul Platform ?

That would definitely work, that one is on the table...
Leaning towards MXP now... any other suggestions before I make the change tomorrow?
Ok, it has changed to MXP on GitHub... either recheck it out or edit your git settings to point to the new URL. Smile