Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pale Moon 32.3.0 will not extract from .dmg
Operating system:MacOS 12.6.3
Browser version:32.3.0
32-bit or 64-bit browser?:64 bit

I cannot extract Pale Moon version 32.3.0 for Intel Mac from the .dmg file.  I get this error:
"some data in “Pale Moon.app” can’t be read or written.
(Error code -36)"

I was able to extract White Star 32.3.0, so I guess that means that I need to go back to White Star?
Strange, when I get home I’ll test the download. Try the download from my site https://dbsoft.org/palemoon/palemoon-32.3.0.intel64.dmg
(07-11-2023, 06:58 PM)dbsoft Wrote: Strange, when I get home I’ll test the download. Try the download from my site https://dbsoft.org/palemoon/palemoon-32.3.0.intel64.dmg

That one does extract.  I wonder why the one from the Pale Moon site does not?
I just tried it.  It keeps crashing on launch.  I shall go back to White Star.  That one works.
Well I uploaded the ones on pale moon site via a Wi-Fi hotspot because I was out of town and it struggled to upload, I thought FileZilla would make sure it was verified but I guess not. The White Star build was not signed, if this download is giving issues the only explanation is that the code signature is causing the problems.
Why would a code signature cause immediate crashing? I would expect the operating system to object, maybe, but crashing?
(07-11-2023, 09:21 PM)Goodydino Wrote: Why would a code signature cause immediate crashing?  I would expect the operating system to object, maybe, but crashing?

I don't know, it doesn't happen for me, perhaps because it is my code signature... but I just decided to stop code signing on Intel.  When it accepted the code signature you wouldn't get the "Unidentified developer" dialog, but that dialog is less of an issue than the codesign "crash" when it thinks the signature is invalid. I'll just sign and notarize on ARM from now on.

In case you weren't looking at the Pale Moon forums, I've uploaded a new Intel build that isn't signed.
I got the new one.  It is fine.