Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Star 29.3.0
(07-20-2021, 04:22 AM)KlarkKentThe3rd Wrote: Just tell people to keep trying. That's an easy solution.

I just did a full server upgrade over the weekend, maybe that will reduce the problems.... fingers crossed... also hoping the upgrade coupled with a couple MyBB tweaks might prevent some of the spambots from posting on the forums.
I am about to start preparing for 29.4.0 ... I didn't get any feedback from that special White Star version with WebRTC, Firefox Extension and other support... is it worth my time to keep working on that? 

The reason I ask is in the 29.4.0 changes, the Pale Moon team has removed FUEL... which is a javascript support library for running Firefox extensions.  Basically it is a continuation of the changes to remove the dual system.  So it means more work to produce a version still with Firefox extension support.  Since I got no feedback I am wondering if people are even using it?  Should I bother spending time on that or just ditch Firefox extension support all together.

Thanks!

Brian
I would very much be grateful if you would continue Firefox extension support. I use many of them, and I am not quite adept enough to know how to adapt them if install.rdf is going to be replaced with something else. I use things from the archive in various profiles for different purposes, and I would hate to lose this resource as the extensions there are what make WS (and PM before) the best browser for me. Thanks.

[Image: night.png]  “There, peeping among the cloud-wrack…, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him.”
(08-16-2021, 05:15 AM)space_farer Wrote: I would very much be grateful if you would continue Firefox extension support. I use many of them, and I am not quite adept enough to know how to adapt them if install.rdf is going to be replaced with something else. I use things from the archive in various profiles for different purposes, and I would hate to lose this resource as the extensions there are what make WS (and PM before) the best browser for me. Thanks.

Ok cool... will continue to make the experimental version... might lag a few days behind the main release.... depending on my workload.
I do not use WebRTC, but I do use some old Firefox extensions. I would like those extensions to keep working. I have put Pale Moon information in install.rdf for those and they are still working now.
(08-16-2021, 07:27 PM)Goodydino Wrote: I do not use WebRTC, but I do use some old Firefox extensions.  I would like those extensions to keep working.  I have put Pale Moon information in install.rdf for those and they are still working now.

Ok those might fail in the official version in 29.4.0 due to the removal of FUEL... I'll put it back in for the experimental version. I am not sure if there is a way to see if extensions use FUEL or not.... but I guess try and see?

Brian