Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Translate problems in 29.3.0 and 29.4.0.1
In both WS 29.3.0 and WS 29.4.0.1, I notice that Google Translate is not showing its buttons correctly. I am seeing text instead. Attached is a screenshot. 

[Image: night.png]  “There, peeping among the cloud-wrack…, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him.”
This is my guess, but perhaps it's your particular Mac model. Mine is fine.
(09-02-2021, 10:47 PM)space_farer Wrote: In both WS 29.3.0 and WS 29.4.0.1, I notice that Google Translate is not showing its buttons correctly. I am seeing text instead. Attached is a screenshot. 

I am not seeing those problems here either... is there anything on the Tools -> Developer Tools -> Error Console?  If so paste it here it may give clues.
Sorry it took so long to respond. It turns out that I had some corrupt profiles. I created new profiles and migrated my bookmarks over to them, and everything is working fine now. Cheers.

[Image: night.png]  “There, peeping among the cloud-wrack…, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him.”
The buttons for Google Translate are messed up for me as well. I simply found other translation sites.
I am not sure what buttons you mean? Every button I've tried on Google's translate site seems to work for me.
The text in some of the buttons (or maybe they are menu items?) is overlapping. There are other translation sites that look more normal and work well.
(10-23-2021, 09:01 PM)Goodydino Wrote: The text in some of the buttons (or maybe they are menu items?) is overlapping.  There are other translation sites that look more normal and work well.

Are we looking at something different? This is what I see

[Image: Screen_Shot_2021-10-24_at_6.22.27_PM.png]
No, it does not look like that. The selectable items were much larger, and the rest of the page was mostly empty. I removed the bookmark, so am not going to revisit it. I found other translation sites.
(10-26-2021, 08:07 PM)Goodydino Wrote: No, it does not look like that.  The selectable items were much larger, and the rest of the page was mostly empty.  I removed the bookmark, so am not going to revisit it.  I found other translation sites.

Okay, think it might be an add-on or something screwing it up.... if you ever want to try again... test it with a fresh profile... then go through and add back in your add-ons one by one to see which one might be causing problems.