Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pale Moon Add-ons Website Changes
I found add-ons were OK but I can't get more search engines

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-22-2021, 05:01 PM)darksidekevin Wrote: I found add-ons were OK but I can't get more search engines

I did manage to get a new search plugin from there, but search plugins from Mycroft Projects are useless now.
(11-22-2021, 05:01 PM)darksidekevin Wrote: I found add-ons were OK but I can't get more search engines

Might setup a page for search engines on my server...  after getting requests from the Pale Moon team, I am planning on restructuring things over the holidays.
(11-21-2021, 09:01 PM)Goodydino Wrote: I added a user-agent override in about:config in order to download add-ons from the Pale Moon add-ons site.

You are a lyfe saver!
If that is necessary I guess I'll make a system override for it... I don't really use extensions myself so I haven't really noticed. When I tried to get some last time they worked.

UPDATE: I updated the build on my site.. didn't bump the version... but it now includes a User Agent Override for palemoon.org reporting it as Windows instead of Macintosh. This should allow add-on downloads to work in White Star again without having to manually add an override.

Enjoy! Merry Christmas!
(12-24-2021, 12:23 PM)dbsoft Wrote: ..... I don't really use extensions myself......

HOW
(12-24-2021, 04:00 PM)KlarkKentThe3rd Wrote:
(12-24-2021, 12:23 PM)dbsoft Wrote: ..... I don't really use extensions myself......

HOW

All I need is the browser Smile ... the only add-on I ever use is an ad-blocker... and I've had that installed since I installed Pale Moon the first time. Occasionally I will install Netcraft toolbar in Firefox.
Oh, so you do use 1. The most important one.
(12-25-2021, 12:25 PM)KlarkKentThe3rd Wrote: Oh, so you do use 1. The most important one.

Yeah, but I don't frequent the add-ons site.... so I won't notice that things stop working since I am not browsing for extensions typically.  Unless I am installing White Star on a new computer.  So keep pointing it out if things stop working so I can test and fix things! Smile

Brian
(11-21-2021, 09:01 PM)Goodydino Wrote: I added a user-agent override in about:config in order to download add-ons from the Pale Moon add-ons site.
general.useragent.override.addons.palemoon.org set to Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Goanna/4.8 PaleMoon/29.4.2
As for User Agent Switcher, I edited install.rdf in the .xpi installer and changed PM's max version line to this:
<em:maxVersion>30.*</em:maxVersion>
Increasing the max version will stop the protest that it is incompatible.  I have done that with all my add-ons for Pale Moon.
UAS is still installed because it is a handy reference, but it will no longer change the user-agent.

I created that pref and entered that useragent string and I'm still getting "Only on Pale Moon" when I go to the PM addons site. Not sure what I could be doing wrong?

[Image: night.png]  “There, peeping among the cloud-wrack…, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him.”