Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Star 29.4.1
This build is no longer available for download.
Release Notes

A very small security update, not going to bother making an experimental version of this.
Everything works.
Thanks!
I have no idea if this is new for this version or all versions of White Star.

Add-On Compatibility.

I have just moved from a Pale Moon version from last March. When I run Pale Moon, several add-ons show as "not designed for Pale Moon" but they still work (List Below).

White Star simply says incompatible and doesn't load them.

No idea what the issue is, but I wonder if there is an underlying reason and/or is it intentional that they now simply get ignored.

-----------
Clean Links
FlagFox
Menu Icons Plus
Stop Tube
Tin Eye
(09-29-2021, 02:46 AM)DrDweeb Wrote: I have just moved from a Pale Moon version from last March. When I run Pale Moon, several add-ons show as "not designed for Pale Moon" but they still work (List Below).

No idea what the issue is, but I wonder if there is an underlying reason and/or is it intentional that they now simply get ignored.

Can you try with the experimental version of 29.4.0?
FWIW ... FaceBook seems to not work usefully and it is extraordinarily slow.
It is not possible to enter a comment or post at all. While it is possible that this is an add-on issue conflicting, that seems unlikely

(09-29-2021, 02:53 AM)dbsoft Wrote:
(09-29-2021, 02:46 AM)DrDweeb Wrote: I have just moved from a Pale Moon version from last March. When I run Pale Moon, several add-ons show as "not designed for Pale Moon" but they still work (List Below).

Can you try with the experimental version of 29.4.0?
That solved the add-on issue.
FarceBook is still a slug and data entry into it fails - it seems to eat the characters as they flash sometimes
(09-29-2021, 02:55 AM)DrDweeb Wrote: FWIW ... FaceBook seems to not work usefully and it is extraordinarily slow.
It is not possible to enter a comment or post at all.  While it is possible that this is an add-on issue conflicting, that seems unlikely

FarceBook is still a slug and data entry into it fails - it seems to eat the characters as they flash sometimes

Yeah, I am aware of the Facebook issue, it is a general issue with the Pale Moon source... not sure what the status of it is anymore, since Pale Moon development has gone private, and I have been banned from their forums. You could ask there, but probably shouldn't tell them you are using White Star or they probably won't answer.

If the Experimental version solved the Add-On issue then it means the Add-Ons you are using are designed for Firefox. The experimental version enabled a few additional options and puts back the Dual System, which allows you to load Firefox Add-Ons, that means they should not work in the current verison of Pale Moon either.
I added Pale Moon information from a Pale Moon theme to install.rdf in all the old Firefox extensions I use and they all work and give no warnings.
(09-29-2021, 05:08 PM)dbsoft Wrote:
(09-29-2021, 02:55 AM)DrDweeb Wrote: FWIW ... FaceBook seems to not work usefully and it is extraordinarily slow.
It is not possible to enter a comment or post at all.  While it is possible that this is an add-on issue conflicting, that seems unlikely

Yeah, I am aware of the Facebook issue, it is a general issue with the Pale Moon source... not sure what the status of it is anymore, since Pale Moon development has gone private, and I have been banned from their forums.  You could ask there, but probably shouldn't tell them you are using White Star or they probably won't answer.

If the Experimental version solved the Add-On issue then it means the Add-Ons you are using are designed for Firefox.  The experimental version enabled a few additional options and puts back the Dual System, which allows you to load Firefox Add-Ons, that means they should not work in the current verison of Pale Moon either.

Do you think there is any chance they will share UXP releases publicly or to you personally? If not, are you planning to continue maintaining MXP and releasing White Star?
(10-04-2021, 07:22 PM)noobsoftware Wrote: Do you think there is any chance they will share UXP releases publicly or to you personally? If not, are you planning to continue maintaining MXP and releasing White Star?

They said they are no longer releasing UXP separately... but I'll be continuing grabbing their source releases and patching my MXP... it all depends on how hard they try to make it difficult to do. Everything is kind of up in the air right now... quite frankly it seems to me the Pale Moon team has pretty much gone insane.

If it isn't too much of a hassle I'll probably merge my patches into the master branch and start releasing the for all platforms.

However I kind of have to see what they end up doing in the near future before I settle on a plan of action.