Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Star Repository Changes
This is an important notice to any developers out there.

The Pale Moon team requested I remove some materials which are unused in White Star but are in the tree from when I branched from Pale Moon. After looking at the issue for a bit this past month, I have decided I am just going to create two new repositories... they will not have the history or branches that the old repositories do. 

So from the next release forward the repositories will no longer be using the Mac branch, the new platform name will be switching back to UXP, and should be buildable on Unix and Windows as well as MacOS. 

The existing White-Star repository will be renamed White-Star-Old and the new one will take its place.  The new platform repository will be UXP, since the Pale Moon team is no longer using that name.

After about a month I will make the White-Star-Old and MXP  private and I will be taking down all the old builds and sources from my server.  The sources currently contain the materials that the Pale Moon team is requesting be removed, and if I remove the source I need to remove the binaries. They will be available upon request, but if you want to get them easily do so now before they get removed from the public server.

Thanks for your attention,
Brian
I do not quite understand. White Star is for MacOS. Exactly what will be removed?
(12-14-2021, 09:25 PM)Rhys Painter Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 07:55 PM)Goodydino Wrote: I do not quite understand.  White Star is for MacOS.  Exactly what will be removed?

I read the github issue; looks like Moonchild requested that his branding be removed, which shouldn't affect the software.

Yeah but from every branch and such...and there were tons of branches... so it was easier to just create a repository from scratch which wouldn't have any of the branding.
White Star will still use the Pale Moon profile, right? It will still be able to use Pale Moon add-ons?
(12-16-2021, 06:42 PM)Goodydino Wrote: White Star will still use the Pale Moon profile, right?  It will still be able to use Pale Moon add-ons?

Yes it is just basically a change to the repository, should only affect developers.
Just another warning, my plan is to take down older White Star builds from the public site next week... so if you want to get an older version without contacting me directly, please do so now.

At the same time the archived repositories will be set private, so if you want a copy of the repository with history older than 29.4.3 clone it now, since it will be private starting next week.