Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Star 29.4.3
Download SHA256: 5dee31f44d09094d276820868d0d569041162ba285b515ba2fd4c827434e1954
Source Code GitHub: White-Star UXP
Release Notes

Mainly a security update... and FUEL is returning once again indefinitely?

UPDATE: Dec 24th a pre-Christmas present.  As reported in another thread the Pale Moon Add-ons site started filtering out Macintosh clients as not being Pale Moon, even though White Star is just Pale Moon for Macintosh.  I added a User Agent Override to report White Star as Pale Moon for Windows to palemoon.org.   Now you can download add-ons from the Pale Moon site again.  Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

Brian
A bit of extra good news in December is always a good thing.

Oh, and everything works.
The other good news is the person I had issue with on the Pale Moon team has been demoted and is not allowed to post on the Pale Moon forums anymore. Even though if this would have happened a year ago I would probably not have had to split from the Pale Moon team... but better late than never! Things are looking up a bit for 2022!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!
I notice farcebook is still inoperable. Well, I am banned at the moment, so no big deal, but I thought I'd mention it
(12-29-2021, 05:01 AM)DrDweeb Wrote: I notice farcebook is still inoperable. Well, I am banned at the moment, so no big deal, but I thought I'd mention it

Write your comment elsewhere, copy. Then click in the comment section, and at the same time paste. It's not a "real" solution, but it werks.
i've lost sound on youtube facebook etc
(01-09-2022, 09:39 AM)darksidekevin Wrote: i've lost sound on youtube facebook etc

Did it occur when you upgraded to 29.4.3? or did you change hardware?

Because I am testing with 29.4.3 on a couple systems now and the sound is fine for me.  

Please let me know the MacOS version and hardware you are running on. 

If it is only some media, please provide links to the media that doesn't play.

Thanks!

Brian
(01-09-2022, 05:40 PM)dbsoft Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 09:39 AM)darksidekevin Wrote: i've lost sound on youtube facebook etc

Did it occur when you upgraded to 29.4.3? or did you change hardware?

Because I am testing with 29.4.3 on a couple systems now and the sound is fine for me.  

Please let me know the MacOS version and hardware you are running on. 

If it is only some media, please provide links to the media that doesn't play.

Thanks!

It's actually fine on this old MacBook Pro 2,1 running Mavericks but the machine it's not working on is my Mac Pro 5,1 which I've just switched from patching to Opencore Monterey

Brian
(01-10-2022, 05:26 PM)darksidekevin Wrote: It's actually fine on this old MacBook Pro 2,1 running Mavericks but the machine it's not working on is my Mac Pro 5,1 which I've just switched from patching to Opencore Monterey

I think I reproduced the issue on a system running Monterey, I'll look into it and hopefully have a fix for the next release.
(01-10-2022, 09:06 PM)dbsoft Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 05:26 PM)darksidekevin Wrote: It's actually fine on this old MacBook Pro 2,1 running Mavericks but the machine it's not working on is my Mac Pro 5,1 which I've just switched from patching to Opencore Monterey

I think I reproduced the issue on a system running Monterey, I'll look into it and hopefully have a fix for the next release.

So I've been trying to figure out this issue, seeing if there were any errors popping up somewhere, so I launched White Star from the command line like this:

Code:
/Applications/White\ Star.app/Contents/MacOS/whitestar 

And the sound worked.  Can you try that as well and see if the sound works for you?  I know this isn't a proper solution but it could be a temporary workaround and I am curious if this just happens for me or everyone.

Brian