Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building Serpent
I had a chance to take a look at it, been pretty busy these past weeks... I really like the icon you are using for Silver. Tested it on Catalina and it does have some titlebar issues here as I noted. I can delve into some of that in a few weeks, if you are looking to make Silver builds a regular thing? I am currently trying to get my library working on Android enough to build an app for a client... (needs to support iOS and Android... iOS code is up to par but Android still needs a couple weeks worth of work).
(04-30-2021, 10:05 PM)dbsoft Wrote: I had a chance to take a look at it, been pretty busy these past weeks... I really like the icon you are using for Silver.  Tested it on Catalina and it does have some titlebar issues here as I noted. I can delve into some of that in a few weeks, if you are looking to make Silver builds a regular thing? I am currently trying to get my library working on Android enough to build an app for a client... (needs to support iOS and Android... iOS code is up to par but Android still needs a couple weeks worth of work).

Definitely thinking of building Silver regularly, here is link to to the latest build: https://noob.software/downloads/silver-v1.2.0.mac64.dmg

And an RSS feed for Silver and other noob software updates: https://noob.software/updates/noob_macOS.php the links currently just point to the updates page due to a little error i will hopefully be fixing soon.

I'm glad you like the icon, and glad to hear about the possible fixes to the titlebar.

Good luck with getting the library working on mobile platforms, would be awesome to see more UXP applications in the wild and UXP based browsers on mobile platforms. And thanks again for taking on this project. Will be looking forward to releasing more builds of Silver.
It would be interesting, if you get White Star up and running on iOS if it would be possible to sandbox White Star on macOS and release it on the app store, so that updates would be automatic. I would be interested in trying that out for Silver as well.
I'm not noticing any title bar issues on mavericks. But I'm still losing the logo. Can you send a link to the logo so I can install manually? I do like it and thanks for the updated version.
(05-02-2021, 08:24 AM)darksidekevin Wrote: I'm not noticing any title bar issues on mavericks. But I'm still losing the logo. Can you send a link to the logo so I can install manually? I do like it and thanks for the updated version.

Glad you like it, here's the icon: https://noob.software/images/silver_fullsize.png
(05-01-2021, 09:38 PM)noobsoftware Wrote: It would be interesting, if you get White Star up and running on iOS if it would be possible to sandbox White Star on macOS and release it on the app store, so that updates would be automatic. I would be interested in trying that out for Silver as well.

Well, was actually referring to my personal app library not White Star/UXP with the iOS and Android comments... additionally, unless something has changed with their terms, you can't build any alternate web rendering engines on iOS and have it on the app store according to the Apple's terms.... Firefox on iOS (in the past at least) used Apple's WebKit instead of Mozilla's Gecko.. and just implemented the Firefox interface on top of that.

So don't think I'll waste any time trying to get White Star running on iOS at least... meanwhile Moonchild has been busy pulling Android stuff out for a while now, I got told not to leave anything Android in when I was making a Mac patch and included some missing Android code.  Putting all that Android code back in would be a challenge and probably a fool's errand.
Sorry I misunderstood, but that makes sense about iOS and Android. But any thoughts on auto updating? Do you think it would be possible to sandbox White Star and release it on the app store? Or would it make more sense to try to build auto updating in to the application?
(05-02-2021, 08:09 PM)noobsoftware Wrote: Sorry I misunderstood, but that makes sense about iOS and Android. But any thoughts on auto updating? Do you think it would be possible to sandbox White Star and release it on the app store? Or would it make more sense to try to build auto updating in to the application?

Probably auto-updating would be easier... I'll look into that when I get some free time. Smile