Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Build instructions
I want to start building Silver again, but I need the build instructions for Pale Moon to know the necessary software to install, there was a web page with build instructions for Pale Moon for mac which worked perfectly for Silver. Other wise if anyone knows the build instructions by heart that would work as well.

Many thanks,
Noob Software
(02-23-2022, 08:09 PM)noobsoftware Wrote: I want to start building Silver again, but I need the build instructions for Pale Moon to know the necessary software to install, there was a web page with build instructions for Pale Moon for mac which worked perfectly for Silver. Other wise if anyone knows the build instructions by heart that would work as well.

I wrote the Mac build instructions, but it was done using the Pale Moon repository/web page.... I'll see if I can find a copy of it on my computer or using the Way Back Machine and I'll post it here and on my web site.

Well that was fairly easy:

https://web.archive.org/web/202102160354...build/mac/

I'll put up a version of this on my site so it is easier to find.

Also the phoenix extensions option is gone, but I don't think it was even used with Basilisk anyway.

Okay got a copy of it setup on my own site here: https://dbsoft.org/whitestar-build-mac.php
Cool, I will release an updated version of Silver soon.
(02-24-2022, 05:39 AM)noobsoftware Wrote: Cool, I will release an updated version of Silver soon.

Awesome! Can't wait. Smile
I keep getting an error while trying to package. I'm trying to build on macOS catalina, do you think that might be to recent a version of macOS for the build process to work properly? What macOS version are you using to build? Also what SDK do you recommend using?
(02-24-2022, 04:01 PM)noobsoftware Wrote: I keep getting an error while trying to package. I'm trying to build on macOS catalina, do you think that might be to recent a version of macOS for the build process to work properly? What macOS version are you using to build? Also what SDK do you recommend using?

The official builds I build on 10.11 El Capitan. There are some issues on later versions which I am working on in the "newclang" branch, but they are not ready yet.  On newer versions of MacOS I build with -O0 and SDK 10.12 since the issues occur with optimizations enabled.  If you want to follow my work on the optimization crash on newer versions of Xcode look here:

https://github.com/dbsoft/UXP/issues/1

Edit: I just checked, I am using 10.11 SDK for the official builds, I'll update the build instructions.

But I am curious, the issue happens during packaging? At that point the build is done... you should be able to run it with:

Code:
./mach run

or

Code:
./mach run --debug
./mach run did not work on catalina, but the build worked perfectly on macOS 10.13 with SDK 10.11