Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Star 29.2.0
(05-26-2021, 06:40 AM)KlarkKentThe3rd Wrote: False alarm, the video chapter titles bug seems to be come-and-go, it's gone now, on the same video. The only thing you should be worried about is the URL preview no longer being visible on the bottom of pages. Which, as far as I know, may be a part of PM's code, causing incompatibility with Mojave.

Been meaning to take a look at that on Mojave, but the computer I have Mojave on has been busy running some stuff and I haven't been able to boot out of Catalina... hopefully I'll be able to boot Mojave later tonight though... can you explain what you mean by "URL preview on the bottom of pages" so I know what to look for?
Imagine hovering over a link, be it a hyperlink, or a regular one. NORMALLY there will be a preview of what URL you will go to at the bottom of the browser window. Now, with 29.2.0, this is gone. Gone with it, is the progress bar at the bottom, as a site, or something inside the site, loads.
(05-27-2021, 09:26 AM)KlarkKentThe3rd Wrote: Imagine hovering over a link, be it a hyperlink, or a regular one. NORMALLY there will be a preview of what URL you will go to at the bottom of the browser window. Now, with 29.2.0, this is gone. Gone with it, is the progress bar at the bottom, as a site, or something inside the site, loads.

Is the bar itself missing? I have the bar and when I hover over a link the URL shows up on the  bar.. and when I refresh the page the progress bar shows up in the bottom right... I have tested on 10.11, 10.14, 10.15 and 11.

The toggle is from the menu View -> Toolbars -> Status Bar
HOLY MOLLY

I must have deactivated the progress bar when I was getting rid of as much UI as possible to take a screenshot of a page. You saved me.
(05-27-2021, 04:35 PM)KlarkKentThe3rd Wrote: HOLY MOLLY

I must have deactivated the progress bar when I was getting rid of as much UI as possible to take a screenshot of a page. You saved me.

Glad it was an easy fix! Smile
(05-25-2021, 07:47 PM)dbsoft Wrote: I could potentially put the dual system back in

whatever keeps the classic addons going would be most welcome Smile
(05-29-2021, 11:15 PM)dubGUN Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 07:47 PM)dbsoft Wrote: I could potentially put the dual system back in

Are there specific ones you are needing? It is possible that people have already forked them for Pale Moon.
(05-30-2021, 07:25 PM)dbsoft Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 11:15 PM)dubGUN Wrote:

Are there specific ones you are needing? It is possible that people have already forked them for Pale Moon.

When I started using Pale Moon, I added its information to install.rdf in the old Firefox extensions I wanted to use because I thought it was necessary, as it was for SeaMonkey.  Since it did not hurt anything, I never bothered to do any more to those extensions.  Now, it is definitely necessary, and I am glad that I did not bother taking that out again.
White Star still crashes for me on startup, I've tried some old builds of Pale Moon for mac and they crash as well so I'm thinking its probably something to do with some local config files, does anyone know if White Star places config files in other places except for ...~/Library/Application Support/Pale Moon/ folder? I've tried deleting that folder but and it does manage to create a new profile but still crashes on startup.

I managed to start the profile manager using the --profilemanager command but i get this error when trying to launch the application after creating a new profile:
Crash Annotation GraphicsCriticalError: |[0][GFX1-]: [OPENGL] Failed to init compositor with reason: FEATURE_FAILURE_OPENGL_CREATE_CONTEXT (t=0.558657) [GFX1-]: [OPENGL] Failed to init compositor with reason: FEATURE_FAILURE_OPENGL_CREATE_CONTEXT
(05-30-2021, 07:25 PM)dbsoft Wrote: Are there specific ones you are needing? It is possible that people have already forked them for Pale Moon.

i'm sorry, that's too limited. like i said, without classic addons compatibility i have to switch to waterfox.