Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Star 29.2.0
I've tested White Star on another mac running macOS 11.4 and it runs just fine, i've tried copying the pale moon folder from another computer to my computer and that doesn't work. I keep getting: zsh: segmentation fault when running /Applications/White\ Star.app/Contents/MacOS/palemoon --safe-mode

There has to be some other config file which is causing the problem? Since i have an old build of Pale Moon which worked at the time but doesn't work anymore. Where can these files be located?

I've tried creating another account on my mac and it crashes on that account as well.

Managed to open it from the dmg file but it ran just for a few seconds and then crashed.
(06-04-2021, 10:10 PM)noobsoftware Wrote: I've tested White Star on another mac running macOS 11.4 and it runs just fine, i've tried copying the pale moon folder from another computer to my computer and that doesn't work. I keep getting: zsh: segmentation fault  when running /Applications/White\ Star.app/Contents/MacOS/palemoon --safe-mode

There has to be some other config file which is causing the problem? Since i have an old build of Pale Moon which worked at the time but doesn't work anymore. Where can these files be located?

I've tried creating another account on my mac and it crashes on that account as well.

Managed to open it from the dmg file but it ran just for a few seconds and then crashed.

Is this the one with the OpenGL compositor error? Does it show the safe mode dialog with -safe-mode?  If so go to Preferences -> Advanced and uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available" that should disable the OpenGL compositor... might be an issue with the video card or the driver in that version of MacOS.

If it doesn't even get to the safe mode dialog... can you give me a crash log or anything so I can get an idea of where it is crashing?
I managed to find an old enough version that works Pale Moon 27.6.2, and i entered preferences and unchecked use hardware acceleration. And I'm still unable to start White Star in safe mode, I get zsh: segmentation fault. I'll send you the crash report. I get no safe mode dialog in safe mode but as i mentioned in an earlier post i am able to open profile manager but it crashes as soon as i choose a profile. But i can create a new profile.