Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Star 29.2.0
This build is no longer available for download.
Release Notes

Turns out it didn't take as long as I was thinking, so was able to get the repository fixed up and a build done on my dinner break.

Update: Rushed it a bit since Tuesdays are my busy day, didn't notice the warning about un-preprocessed files. Please redownload it if you grabbed it in the first 6 hours.

Enjoy!
Brian
Thanks Smile
Actually some of the files I readded didn't get pre-processed... going to post an updated build in an hour or two.

Update: Ok, the fix for the un-preprocessed files is now on github in addition to the updated builds, for anyone using the sources on Mac.
Thanks, I'll try this later this evening.
Seems good in Patched Big Sur and Patched Mavericks
Great! Was a little worried since it was the first forked version. Smile
Crashes on my homepage: https://noob.software/

The web page starts loading then after a few seconds after a javascript animation has completed running the browser crashes, does not happen in Silver. It might have something to do with addons, i have a few addons that run after a web page has finished loading. I am unable to test other sites because the browser crashes before i have time to write in the URL bar. I'm pretty sure Silver is running on the same UXP version so I'm not sure what the cause of this is.

Running on Big Sur, so that might have something to do with it, some applications crash randomly on big sur and sometimes don't work...

Update: have tested that same site og White Star running on Mojave and it does not crash. On a side note i was playing around with layers of gradients on my website (noob.software) and i noticed the gradients pixelate a bit on White Star and Silver on macOS but on Pale Moon on windows the gradients are rendered smoothly. Nothing important but possibly something to fix. And on another side note, animations run faster and more smoothly on Mojave than on Big Sur, probably Big Sur's fault, but I'm building Silver on Mojave now, and using a rather old sdk for macOS (for maximum compatibility and the mojave sdk has titlebar issues), I'm pretty new to all of this so i admit ignorance on this subject, but maybe building on Big Sur with the Big Sur SDK would result in the application running more smoothly on Big Sur. Something i will be testing soon hopefully with Silver.
(05-04-2021, 06:39 PM)noobsoftware Wrote: Crashes on my homepage: https://noob.software/

I just tested on Catalina and Big Sur... I am only running the Ad-Block Latitude extension... and it does not crash... it is a bit slow scrolling though.

Edit: Regarding using the Big Sur SDK, I have not tested with that SDK... we are using some deprecated features and it may not build with the Big Sur SDK... not sure... I was planning on switching to the Big Sur SDK to support Apple Silicon Macs, but Moonchild and Tobin were not thrilled with that idea either.
I will do more testing this is probably something specific to my profile (addons or something). But running on apple silicon is definitely the future it would be very cool if you get that up and running.

Edit: I tried removing my Pale Moon folder from application support forcing it to create a new profile, and it still crashes. I'm running macOS 11.3 beta, so somethings are definitely buggy in my system. Should i send you the crash information?
(05-04-2021, 09:27 PM)noobsoftware Wrote: I will do more testing this is probably something specific to my profile (addons or something). But running on apple silicon is definitely the future it would be very cool if you get that up and running.

Edit: I tried removing my Pale Moon folder from application support forcing it to create a new profile, and it still crashes. I'm running macOS 11.3 beta, so somethings are definitely buggy in my system. Should i send you the crash information?

Yeah you can send it.... I'll take a look at the stack and see if it points to something obvious.

Update: Not much to go on in that crash log, crashed in XUL dealing with an NSString... I'll try it out on a couple other versions of 11... I am still on 11.2 right now on my laptop.