Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Star 31.0.0
Download SHA256: 28604ddb3b3ecdb504b76eadcbafcd9652d2552ab69148f6ec8054505cf84cf2
Download Legacy Build SHA256: 8385ba6bdebe759f3b15c4ec25f85ae03930a54173ce508437be0855ec6ef7ec
Source Code GitHub: White-Star UXP
Release Notes

This is a new milestone release.

The main download is now built with the latest compiler on Monterey. I have provided a legacy build, built with the older build system I have been using since I starting making releases years ago.  If the modern builds work for everyone I will phase out the legacy builds.

The other highlights of this release are Firefox extension compatibility has been restored. We are now using the official Pale Moon platform with the restored MacOS support. The audio problems on Monterey should be resolved with both builds. The palemoon.org user agent override has been removed and the Pale Moon add-ons site no longer blocks MacOS clients.
I just tried the normal v. 31 build done on Monterey, and the left click does not work well at all. I could not post a message here with it because I could not get the cursor to appear in the text box. Sound works with videos again, but I was unable to use the controls at the bottom of the video frames, so no full screen, no pause, no cinema mode, no switching text captions on & off. Right click and middle click work.
I am now using the legacy version and it seems to work fine.
(05-10-2022, 06:25 PM)Goodydino Wrote: I just tried the normal v. 31 build done on Monterey, and the left click does not work well at all.  I could not post a message here with it because I could not get the cursor to appear in the text box.  Sound works with videos again, but I was unable to use the controls at the bottom of the video frames, so no full screen, no pause, no cinema mode, no switching text captions on & off.  Right click and middle click work.

What do you mean by "the left click" does not work well?  What site were you having problems with the video controls? I have basically just been testing with YouTube.  The controls work fine with YouTube for me.  Also have been posting everything with White Star 31 the non-legacy version, so not sure why you are having issues. 

Can you tell me about your computer? Which model is it? What extensions do you have loaded? You are running the latest Monterey?
Milestone theme broke upon restart. Thankfully, it was also recently updated, so could just change and restart. I guess all themes were DE-celected, and WS switched to default just to be safe.

Otherwise everything works.
(05-11-2022, 03:27 AM)KlarkKentThe3rd Wrote: Milestone theme broke upon restart. Thankfully, it was also recently updated, so could just change and restart. I guess all themes were DE-celected, and WS switched to default just to be safe.

Otherwise everything works.

Yeah everything will need to be marked as compatible with 31.x if it is designed for Pale Moon/White Star or it will be deactivated.
(05-10-2022, 07:52 PM)dbsoft Wrote:
(05-10-2022, 06:25 PM)Goodydino Wrote: I just tried the normal v. 31 build done on Monterey, and the left click does not work well at all.  I could not post a message here with it because I could not get the cursor to appear in the text box.  Sound works with videos again, but I was unable to use the controls at the bottom of the video frames, so no full screen, no pause, no cinema mode, no switching text captions on & off.  Right click and middle click work.

What do you mean by "the left click" does not work well?  What site were you having problems with the video controls? I have basically just been testing with YouTube.  The controls work fine with YouTube for me.  Also have been posting everything with White Star 31 the non-legacy version, so not sure why you are having issues. 

Can you tell me about your computer? Which model is it? What extensions do you have loaded? You are running the latest Monterey?
I have an iMac with an i7 Intel CPU and am using the latest version of MacOS Monterey.  The left button on my trackball did not do anything in the Monterey-compiled version of White Star 31.  The other buttons worked as expected.  I was using YouTube, CloudTube and this forum.  The legacy build of WS 31 is fine.
My extensions:
Age Unlimiter YT 2.0.5
Autoplay Toggle 1.0.2
Blacken 2.2.28
Bookmarks Checker 3.1.1.1
ChromEdit Plus 2.9.10
Classic Add-ons Archive 2.0.3
Config Comments 1.0
Controle de Scripts 1.0.3.1
Cookie Permissions 3.3.0
Disconnect 3.15.3.1
Dismiss the Overlay 1.0.7
DOM Inspector 3.1.7534
Element Inspector 0.1.2
FireFTP 2.0.32
Greasemonkey 3.8
JSView Revive 2.1.8
Kill Bright Backgrounds 2.0
Live HTTP headers 0.17.1
Modify Headers 0.7.1.1.1-1
MR Tech Toolkit 6.0.4.9000
Noia Moon Options 2.1.0 in 2.4.0
ScriptBlock 1.0.0
Show Downloads 1.4.1
Turbo Download Manager 0.3.4
uBlock Origin 1.16.4.30
User Agent Status 1.1.0.1
User Agent Switcher 0.7.3.1
Web Developer's Toolbox 1.0.6.1
YouTube Autoplay Stopper 1.0.7.1

I am using the Noia Moon theme.
Holy Molly, that's a lot of extensions. And I thought I was using too many.
Just wondering which SDK are you using in the Monterey build?

I've tried 10.11 and 10.12 and i get this error:

25:27.15 1 error generated.
25:27.15
25:27.15 In the directory  /Users/siggi/silver/basilisk/obj-x86_64-apple-darwin21.3.0/basilisk/app
25:27.15 The following command failed to execute properly:
25:27.15 /usr/bin/clang++ -std=gnu++11 -stdlib=libc++ -o nsBrowserApp.o -c -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -DNDEBUG=1 -DTRIMMED=1 -DXPCOM_GLUE -DMOZ_HAS_MOZGLUE -DAPP_VERSION=52.9.0 -DFIREFOX_ICO="/Users/siggi/silver/basilisk/obj-x86_64-apple-darwin21.3.0/dist/branding/firefox.ico" -DDOCUMENT_ICO="/Users/siggi/silver/basilisk/obj-x86_64-apple-darwin21.3.0/dist/branding/document.ico" -DNEWWINDOW_ICO="/Users/siggi/silver/basilisk/obj-x86_64-apple-darwin21.3.0/dist/branding/newwindow.ico" -DNEWTAB_ICO="/Users/siggi/silver/basilisk/obj-x86_64-apple-darwin21.3.0/dist/branding/newtab.ico" -DPBMODE_ICO="/Users/siggi/silver/basilisk/obj-x86_64-apple-darwin21.3.0/dist/branding/pbmode.ico" -I/Users/siggi/silver/basilisk/basilisk/app -I/Users/siggi/silver/basilisk/obj-x86_64-apple-darwin21.3.0/basilisk/app -I/Users/siggi/silver/basilisk/obj-x86_64-apple-darwin21.3.0/build -I/Users/siggi/silver/basilisk/platform/toolkit/xre -I/Users/siggi/silver/basilisk/platform/xpcom/base -I/Users/siggi/silver/basilisk/platform/xpcom/build -I/Users/siggi/silver/basilisk/obj-x86_64-apple-darwin21.3.0/dist/include -I/Users/siggi/silver/basilisk/obj-x86_64-apple-darwin21.3.0/dist/include/nspr -I/Users/siggi/silver/basilisk/obj-x86_64-apple-darwin21.3.0/dist/include/nss -fPIC -DMOZILLA_CLIENT -include /Users/siggi/silver/basilisk/obj-x86_64-apple-darwin21.3.0/mozilla-config.h -MD -MP -MF .deps/nsBrowserApp.o.pp -Qunused-arguments -Qunused-arguments -Wall -Wc++11-compat -Wempty-body -Wignored-qualifiers -Woverloaded-virtual -Wpointer-arith -Wsign-compare -Wtype-limits -Wunreachable-code -Wwrite-strings -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wclass-varargs -Wloop-analysis -Wc++11-compat-pedantic -Wc++14-compat -Wc++14-compat-pedantic -Wc++1z-compat -Wimplicit-fallthrough -Wstring-conversion -Wthread-safety -Wno-inline-new-delete -Wno-error=deprecated-declarations -Wno-error=array-bounds -Wno-unknown-warning-option -Wno-return-type-c-linkage -isysroot /Users/siggi/silver/MacOSX10.11.sdk -fno-exceptions -fno-strict-aliasing -stdlib=libc++ -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -fno-math-errno -pipe -msse2 -mfpmath=sse -pthread -g -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer /Users/siggi/silver/basilisk/basilisk/app/nsBrowserApp.cpp
25:27.15 make[5]: *** [nsBrowserApp.o] Error 1
25:27.15 make[4]: *** [basilisk/app/target] Error 2
25:27.15 make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

I'm building with RTC disabled, I am wondering also if there are possibly any other build options i should consider?
Since Basilisk is no longer being developed and UXP is mainly being developed with Pale Moon in mind, I'm guessing some breaking changes have been made to UXP so that Silver is no longer supported. If anyone has the necessary skills and is interested in keeping Silver alive please let me know. Otherwise, since i personally don't have browser development as my forte, i will have to say that this might be the end for Silver as a browser. But awesome to see that UXP has taken macOS support back up and White Star will hopefully have a bright future.

One thing springs to mind, if this is all correct what I'm saying and it's impossible to continue building Silver, If White Star is interested in adopting the icon i have for Silver as it kind of looks like a white star, in lieu of the low res icon DB Soft has been using. If DB Soft is interested and people would like that i would find that very cool. Maybe people could chime in on what they think about the icon idea.
(05-12-2022, 01:32 PM)noobsoftware Wrote: One thing springs to mind, if this is all correct what I'm saying and it's impossible to continue building Silver, If White Star is interested in adopting the icon i have for Silver as it kind of looks like a white star, in lieu of the low res icon DB Soft has been using. If DB Soft is interested and people would like that i would find that very cool. Maybe people could chime in on what they think about the icon idea.

The current icon for White Star is a white star, i.e. a celestial object.  I like it.  It may look blurred to you, but stars do look kind of blurred.  I think the current icon should be kept.