DBSoft Forums
White Star 31.1.1 - Printable Version

+- DBSoft Forums (https://dbsoft.org/forum)
+-- Forum: DBSoft Software Support (https://dbsoft.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: White Star (https://dbsoft.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: White Star 31.1.1 (/showthread.php?tid=115)

Pages: 1 2

White Star 31.1.1 - dbsoft - 07-08-2022

Download Intel Build SHA256: b8c729996c663c791a546a25407f4cfa508a7c1d851bcb61a8fbe9f406f63837
Download Apple Silicon (ARM64) Build SHA256: 30f235827ad2b14af1fdb7482f1f8073ea57c890c614d79d11406a8f0bfe29ed
Download Legacy Build SHA256: bbbda17e6b7566c1e7e248712017ae9b1d84580511a8ce1ef57994339718e3ba
Source Code GitHub: White-Star UXP
Release Notes

This is a security update. (This version is actually closer to upcoming version 31.2.0 but the Apple Silicon code changes are not in the Pale Moon release branch so I am instead using the master branch which has more in tree source library updates).

RE: White Star 31.1.1 - KlarkKentThe3rd - 07-09-2022

Works, as usual.

RE: White Star 31.1.1 - SkyPilot - 07-09-2022

No issues with the Apple Silicon build on Monterey Smile

RE: White Star 31.1.1 - fotorX - 07-11-2022

Hello! I seem to have a problem with the ARM64 Apple Silicon version. I have used the .dmg to install it on an M1 MacBook Air, but White Star refuses to open. It says White Star is damaged and cannot be opened, please move it to the trash. I have tried stripping the application of its xattributes using the terminal but so far no luck. Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

RE: White Star 31.1.1 - dbsoft - 07-11-2022

(07-11-2022, 01:41 PM)fotorX Wrote: Hello! I seem to have a problem with the ARM64 Apple Silicon version. I have used the .dmg to install it on an M1 MacBook Air, but White Star refuses to open. It says White Star is damaged and cannot be opened, please move it to the trash. I have tried stripping the application of its xattributes using the terminal but so far no luck. Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

It is not signed, so you have to enable apps from "App Store and identified developers" in the security settings... and when it fails to open the first time go into System Settings -> Security and Privacy... and click the "Open Anyway" button (or something like that I am doing this from memory).

If it really is corrupt, download it again and double check the hash with the command shasum -a 256 whitestar-31.1.1.mac.dmg

Brian

RE: White Star 31.1.1 - fotorX - 07-12-2022

(07-11-2022, 10:03 PM)dbsoft Wrote:
(07-11-2022, 01:41 PM)fotorX Wrote: Hello! I seem to have a problem with the ARM64 Apple Silicon version. I have used the .dmg to install it on an M1 MacBook Air, but White Star refuses to open. It says White Star is damaged and cannot be opened, please move it to the trash. I have tried stripping the application of its xattributes using the terminal but so far no luck. Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

It is not signed, so you have to enable apps from "App Store and identified developers" in the security settings... and when it fails to open the first time go into System Settings -> Security and Privacy... and click the "Open Anyway" button (or something like that I am doing this from memory).

If it really is corrupt, download it again and double check the hash with the command shasum -a 256 whitestar-31.1.1.mac.dmg

Brian

Thank you very much Brian. I am familiar with the method you just described, but in this case I don't have the 'Open Anyway' option under Security - FileVault. Strangely, when I try to verify the .dmg file, my terminal says there is no such file, but it is clearly there in my download folder. I am sorry for being an incovenience, I am not very tech savvy, and I am unable to post screenshots. I just get a red pop-up in the upper right corner of my screen saying the file upload has failed.

RE: White Star 31.1.1 - dbsoft - 07-12-2022

(07-12-2022, 01:17 PM)fotorX Wrote: Thank you very much Brian. I am familiar with the method you just described, but in this case I don't have the 'Open Anyway' option under Security - FileVault. Strangely, when I try to verify the .dmg file, my terminal says there is no such file, but it is clearly there in my download folder. I am sorry for being an incovenience, I am not very tech savvy, and I am unable to post screenshots. I just get a red pop-up in the upper right corner of my screen saying the file upload has failed.

Why are you unable to post screenshots? Can't you just do Command-Shift-3? (Or Command-Shift-4 <space> and select a window?)

It should produce a screenshot file on the desktop that you should be able to post.

RE: White Star 31.1.1 - fotorX - 07-16-2022

(07-12-2022, 04:02 PM)dbsoft Wrote:
(07-12-2022, 01:17 PM)fotorX Wrote: Thank you very much Brian. I am familiar with the method you just described, but in this case I don't have the 'Open Anyway' option under Security - FileVault. Strangely, when I try to verify the .dmg file, my terminal says there is no such file, but it is clearly there in my download folder. I am sorry for being an incovenience, I am not very tech savvy, and I am unable to post screenshots. I just get a red pop-up in the upper right corner of my screen saying the file upload has failed.

Why are you unable to post screenshots? Can't you just do Command-Shift-3? (Or Command-Shift-4 <space> and select a window?)

It should produce a screenshot file on the desktop that you should be able to post.

Hello! Thank you very much for your help. I have managed to make the application work. I will detail the solution for those who are having the same issue on Apple Silicon Macs. First, the application has to be renamed. Go to your application folder and remove the space from the app's name (should be WhiteStar). After this, open a terminal window and use the following command: xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/WhiteStar.app. The browser should be working at this point, you are free to rename it once again.

RE: White Star 31.1.1 - SkyPilot - 07-16-2022

All I did was go to Apps in Finder and Control-clicked to open White Star then clicked on the appropriate option in the menu that appeared. No messing with the Terminal or renaming the file. This is Monterey on an M1 Mac mini.

RE: White Star 31.1.1 - dbsoft - 07-16-2022

Sorry so there is something else besides the unidentified developer hoops you have to jump through to run White Star on M1 Macs? I only have the single M1 machine to test with, which is what I do the M1 builds on... and because I built it on that machine I don't have to do that myself.