Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
White Star 29.1.1
This build is no longer available for download.
Release Notes

First of my rebranded MacOS ports... they will be available from the DBSoft web site.

Enjoy!
Brian
All Good in patched Big Sur, Mavericks, Mountain Lion and Lion. Thanks for keeping this going.
My pleasure! Thanks for making the move over. Smile
Working great on my mid 2009 MacBook Pro running OS X 10.9.5.
Made it here. I have been disappointed with some of the folks over on the PM site for some time. it started well before i even began my switch from Windows to Mac.

After being a windows user since shortly before the release of Windows 3.0, this move is not an easy one to make. I find very little about the mac OS to be intuitive. So far almost anything I want to do on the mac is fight. Hopefully that will change. But Apple will hate me. I do not do apps and have no intention of having an Apple account any more than all the other accounts i do not have.

I have not yet downloaded White Star yet. I have enough problems with getting the Mac set up so i can use it with ease first. I do not like Safari very much but will keep it in place as I am uncertain about the future of White Star. On my old windows box I only had P M and nothing else, never needed anything else.

So I have my fingers crossed for White Star. Thanks for trying to do this Brian. I am rooting for you and this project.

Just as an FYI, I have a Mac Mini running the most recent Catalina.
Thanks for coming over, if I can do anything to ease your mind about it let me know. Smile
Great work so far. Any chance you will be porting Basilisk too? If you're taking up the effort of keeping the whole UXP platform separately up to date for mac it would be awesome to have access to that in a github repo or something similar, if you're not interested in porting Basilisk, that is something i would be interested in doing, but i don't have the skills or knowledge to manage the whole UXP platform, that is patching it with security updates and such.
Wink 
I will be trying out this fork since you've taken up the haul to fork it unlike the *BSD folks who (understandably) got fed up with Moonchild and Matt's shit.
(04-20-2021, 02:53 PM)noobsoftware Wrote: Great work so far. Any chance you will be porting Basilisk too? If you're taking up the effort of keeping the whole UXP platform separately up to date for mac it would be awesome to have access to that in a github repo or something similar, if you're not interested in porting Basilisk, that is something i would be interested in doing, but i don't have the skills or knowledge to manage the whole UXP platform, that is patching it with security updates and such.

I've built Basilisk in the past, but didn't really plan on it... since it has the same interface as a number of other browsers, didn't seem necessary but... willing to help out if you want to do it. Smile
(04-20-2021, 09:46 PM)dbsoft Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 02:53 PM)noobsoftware Wrote: Great work so far. Any chance you will be porting Basilisk too? If you're taking up the effort of keeping the whole UXP platform separately up to date for mac it would be awesome to have access to that in a github repo or something similar, if you're not interested in porting Basilisk, that is something i would be interested in doing, but i don't have the skills or knowledge to manage the whole UXP platform, that is patching it with security updates and such.

I've built Basilisk in the past, but didn't really plan on it... since it has the same interface as a number of other browsers, didn't seem necessary but... willing to help out if you want to do it. Smile

I get what you're saying, i really only need it because of WebRTC, otherwise i just use White Star. If you could share a link to your version of the UXP platform, as a github repo or something else, then i can i build an up-to-date Basilisk/Serpent, and i would gladly release it. (I found the link to the source code i'll just use that in the mean time)